Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Days of Giving Back ~ The ending

Merry Little Christmas eve! In Denmark they call it "Lille Juleaften" or in our family we call it "lille galdieu yule" we're not quite sure which one is correct but we stick with tradition. Anyways, little Christmas eve is a night of parties and all kinds of special danish foods and this is when gifts would be opened. In our family however, it was an excuse to open one small present from under the tree (usually from a relative or neighbor). Keeping with Christmas traditions, right now my family and I are watching "It's a Wonderful Life" by the fire. A favorite Christmas tradition of mine!

Since it's the eve of Christmas eve I hope that all your Christmas shopping is done and now you can focus on time with friends and family and eating way more sweets than you should be!
My final gift that keeps on giving counts for two days, the gift of quality time. Being home this past week and spending time with the family has made me realize that my favorite part about Christmas is that the whole family gets together and spends the night together. I love getting to see my Sister-in-law and brother and although my Sister and Brother-in-law live near by it's fun to have them back home with everyone's dogs running around. It's just nice to all be together, to reflect on old times and to talk about our futures. So this Christmas I hope you get the chance to spend as much time as you can with your family and close friends and remember that that's what Christmas is really about. Coming together as a family because of the birth of Jesus is a pretty cool thing. 








Have a very Merry Christmas
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment