Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bringing In The New Year

WOW! It has been awhile since I've posted, sorry about that. But man a lot has happened in the last week that I'm still catching my breath from. First of all Christmas was super amazing. My family is so much fun and we always have a great time together! I got a ton of super cute clothes (including a surprise faux fur jacket I've been drooling over! ~Thanks dad!) and some good books that I haven't even started yet but can't wait. All my homemade gifts were a success and I need to get some photos of them so I can share them with you all!

Last night I got all dressed up in my new clothes and Birthday boots (early present from mom) to go to a friend of the families New Years Eve party that was oh so much fun! My sister called me after midnight to bring back some memories of the past when she caught some good gossip about me and a guy I use to date. (drama, drama, drama!) and then today my mom and I drove to Denver to FINALLY check out the new H&M which was fantastic but sadly we didn't buy anything. (of course that didn't stop us from hitting the sales at Target. Got some great deals there!)

My mom, whose a therapist, had me take a personality test called an Enneagram, which caused a few problems in my life. (I'm a number 3 if you want to compare). I learned a lot about myself, like that i have a problem with pride, needing others approval, struggle with intimate relationships and following my own heart ~ embracing my feelings. Most people don't know this about me but I don't like to talk about my feelings. I love talking to others about theirs feelings and whats going on in their lives, but there are very select people in my life that I share how I'm feeling with. I think what hurt the most about learning this stuff was I realized how much I need others approval in my life. My personality type doesn't want to disappear into the background and I find my value in my successes. Because of this I'm very competitive with the people around me –most of the time without them even knowing it. So this year my resolutions are not only to live each day to its brightest and boldest colors –living in the moment, excepting things for what they are and really embracing life – but also to find value in my life on my own terms. To not compare myself to the artists, writers, students, christians, women, etc. around me. My success will come from what I say it does!

These are my New Years Resolutions! What are some of yours?!



This top was originally a Ralph Lauren Mens XL shirt! I took it in and spiced it up to make it into one of my new favorites!!! 


Hope all of your Holidays were as wonderful as you were dreaming them to be! 

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie! It's always good to learn things about ourselves and discover our weaknesses so that we can work on them, but you are a wonderful person who cares about others! Don't let that test make you feel badly about yourself! You are a giving, loving person and you are exactly who God made you to be! If the test revealed things that you now see in yourself, then work on them. But don't let it get you down, doll! Love you!

    ReplyDelete