Monday, November 7, 2011

Poo Free!!!

I know from the looks of this title, this can't be good. BUT IT IS! I've started going Shampoo free! I've been thinking a lot about it for awhile and wondering if there was something actually to it. How could not using shampoo be good for you hair? So last night I jumped in hair first and tried it. I'M IN LOVE! I'm getting the rest of my house to start doing it too. Although it's only been 1 shower I can already see a difference. My hair is SO soft and shiny and just lovely. I curled my hair this morning and it took so well. I'm doing an experiment right now to see if I need to use hairspray when I curl my hair. I'll be sure to keep you updated on that!


So here's what you do. I took an old Herbal Essence shampoo bottle and filled it with water. (I stopped with about 2 inches of room from the top). I then added 3tsp. of baking soda (Yes! Baking Soda!) and shake. 



I however think that 3tsp may be too much so try 2. but I also don't have long hair so you might just need to experiment until you find the right match. Then when you're in the shower poor a little on your scalp and start rubbing it with your fingers. Then add a little more and a little more. Keep doing this until you can start to feel the difference in texture in your hair. (Trust me there will be a change, it starts to get really soft.) You don't need to worry about getting the end because the scalp is what produces oils so that's your main focus. Then rinse it out. 

You don't even need to use Conditioner your hair is already super soft!
This is seriously like magic! Try it yourself and let me know how it goes!

Happy Monday
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment