Thursday, July 5, 2012

Red, White And Blue

Happy Fourth of July! I hope you all had an amazing holiday and a wonderful day of backyard BBQ's and summer games! Fourth of July just so happens to be one of my favorite holidays because of all the good foods and the friends you get to play with all day long.

This week I'm finishing up my online summer classes so I can finally start on the summer reading I've been wanting to dive into, and I can just relax and enjoy the beauty that I live in, here in good Ol' Colorado. It's defiantly been over the top hot here and with all the fires, a little dangerous too, but we seem to be making it through and still finding ways to live it up!


My contribution to the BBQ was this awesome watermelon shark that we later filled with cut up pieces of watermelon! The best part was that we forgot toothpicks to hold the blueberry eyes in so I had to get creative and broke the prongs of a plastic fork to use instead! I'm quite proud of this amazing sculpture! (I've been asked to make another for the Olympic games!)



When we celebrate the Fourth of July, we don't mess around. Check out my girl Carli and Anna's fierce American nails.

Outdoor BBQ, laying in the shade, Kitchen Karaoke, backyard wiffle-ball, a sing-along of classic disney songs, and a walk home under the stars and full moon, makes for an amazing Fourth of July. We had to do our best since Colorado is on a fireworks ban because of this intense heat, and the fact that half the state is on fire. But we defiantly pulled it off and this will be a fourth to remember!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment