Saturday, February 11, 2012

Beauty

It's been a long couple of weeks with a lot of stress and a lot of work. My Grandma was put in the hospital this week which was a big scare and then a friend of my (Holly) from my social justice camp was killed followed up with some tense drama with some friends. I don't take death well at all, as in I don't deal with death. Holly was not someone super close to me, we were in the same group at our camp and so we talked some, but the hardship of knowing someone and then them leaving for good is such a hard thing to face. My passion for social justice comes from these same emotions. Knowing the names of the people that are hurt and killed, feeling that connection and that loss that their loved ones feel is really what the human connection is about. 

With all this happening its needless to say I was in need of a night out and a night to forget everything going on in my life. So my best friend Carli and I had a wonderful girls night out this week. We had boy talk, free ice cream and after realizing a full moon was rising we decided to drive up to Horsetooth and watch the moon over the city and take some pictures. After getting in trouble by the cops for where we were parked we drove home and played Donkey Kong on Super Nintendo for hours. It was seriously the best night out I've had in a very long time!

And here are some of the photos from our adventure on Horsetooth!



Notice that you can see the constellation Orion, I have some sort of obsession with it for some reason!


I hope you get the chance to see the beauty in every moment of your life, even the dark ones.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment