Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not wearing shoes, So kids don't have to!

If you didn't get the chance to bare your soles yesterday and walk around without shoes, here is your chance to relive the day! As much as my feet hurt all night last night, it was so worth it. I met some amazing people all because they weren't wearing shoes and got to tell many people all about TOMS. The fun that all of us had without our shoes on was like nothing you could have imagined. Some of the hardest things about not wearing shoes were that you had to watch every step you took. There is trash, glass and sharp whatever everywhere! It makes you think what are we doing to fix these problems within our own communities. Secondly I noticed about a hundred different types of cement throughout town and I can tell which ones you want to walk barefoot and which ones you don't. Finally at the end of the day my feet were killing me! I can't imagine being a woman from a developing country and having to walk miles multiple times a day to just get water. I will never take my shoes for granted again!




Along with some awesome pictures I got to take and some stories I'll be telling for the next few months I befriended people that I will love forever. I was so happy  to meet others that have the same passions as I do and care about people around the world as well. And the three mile march without shoes wasn't half bad either! 


No comments:

Post a Comment