Thursday, March 1, 2012

Photography 101

Over the past year I've been learning all that I can about photography. I love taking pictures and making images the best that they can be! I will admit that learning all about cameras and the technical side of them is not easy nor simple. Whenever my friends are with me while I'm taking pictures I use all the photographer's terminology forgetting that they have no idea what I'm talking about. So for you wanting to know more about photography or simply hang out with photographers and don't want to be out of the loop anymore, I have made you your own personal cheat sheet! 

Enjoy!!

A key thing to know about professional photography is that almost every photo has additional computer editing to it. Most people think that the life of a photographer is glamorous and easy. Although the actual shooting of photographs and interacting with people can be a lot of fun, and you get to experience some amazing things, 90% of what we do is photo editing and making the photos look perfect for printing and displaying. So if you are really interested in getting into photography I suggest also learning about photo editing. (iPhoto is a great starter program but if you can get photoshop I recommend it!)

Feel free to comment with any other questions about photography or anything of the arts for that matter.
Happy learning
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. This is genius! I don't know much about photography but I'm trying to learn a bit more than the basics. So, thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete